Thursday 25 August 2011

Photography Challenge Week #5

I've been really busy over the past week or two so first off, major apologies for my lack of activity in blogland! I still have a ton of comments and blogs to catch up with, so please forgive me for being slow!

Anyway, here's my photograph for the weekly photography challenge on A Step in the Journey. This week's theme was from a high angle.

Hard Day's Work

When I first saw this theme I thought, 'That should be easy!' 
Boy was I wrong.

I didn't get a chance to take any pictures for this until today; it was raining outside so I ran around looking for a subject! Then I found my newest pair of boots, bought when I went to London recently. (I am a boot fiend, I was actually shopping for shoes!)

Originally I thought of shooting from directly above the object, but that didn't work for me so I chose this angle instead. 

My camera wanted me to use a flash, which I didn't want to do, so out came the tripod! Since the pictures were coming out a little flat without extra lighting, I used a high-wattage lamp to create more light and shadow without getting that horrible dark-and-shiny effect that the flash tends to have.

5 comments:

  1. I love this picture. The composition is great. I love what you did with the lighting and I'm so glad you explained what you did (so I can learn from your expertise, lol). I find I have the hardest time with lighting (though I am currently blaming that on my crappy camera). Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so simple... I love it!

    Jeanna @ dramaqueenseams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photo! My favorite so far in this week's photography challenge! Thanks for sharing.

    Amy
    oneartmama.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it! good angle and the lighting looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is an awesome shot!! I think this week was the hardest for me too, I had not idea when I chose the subject. Great use of lighting too. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...