Tuesday 30 August 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award

Hullo Blogland! I know I've been rather quiet over the past couple of weeks but am hoping that will change soon!
During my 'quiet period' (whilst I was away, in fact!) I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Rikka J at Ricochet and Away! It was a lovely thing to come home to, so thank you Rikka J!



The rules after accepting the Versatile Blogger Award are:

  1. Thank the person who gave the award and link back to them in your post.
  2. Share 7 things about yourself.
  3. Pass this award along to 15 recently discovered blogs.

So, here's 7 things about me
  1. I have always had pet cats; my parents had a couple of cats before I was born and we've never stopped adopting new ones! (At one point we had seven cats, right now we have five...yes, they're spoilt!)
  2. I listen to all kinds of music. Language and genre don't matter so long as it sounds good!
  3. My village fair has been running since the 14th Century, excepting during World War I & II. 
  4. Despite textiles class at school, I didn't learn to sew until college when I sat down and figured things out for myself! 
  5. I am a big nerd for Japanese things--cosplay, anime, manga and music especially! 
  6. I love to travel overseas and love to look at old holiday snaps and remember the awesome people and cultures I've experienced.
  7. I love writing stories and won a short-story competition at the age of nine, with my spooky tale 'The Ghost of the Guillotine' (I was also quite a morbid child...Haha)

As for the fabulous blogs I'd like to nominate:
  1. Bohemian Valhalla  
  2. Aunt Peaches
  3. Inspiration & Realisation
  4. Flamingo Toes
  5. Horror Shock Lolipop
  6. A Law Student's Journey
  7. Creative Passage
  8. Homeroad
  9. Hope Studios
  10. I Heart Naptime
  11. Homework
  12. SouthernScraps Happenings
  13. Frou-FruGal
  14. At Home With Mrs H
  15. Hobbies of a Homemaker
These blogs aren't all 'recently discovered' since I have been reading some for a few months and haven't really started looking at any new blogs for a while (saying that, if anyone wants to make recommendations, that would be awesome!)

Picking just fifteen out of all the blogs I follow was difficult! They're all great!

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm so happy to receive this award :)

    I am big on all things music, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your nomination... Glad you enjoyed the Tea House Post, I Love going to such places to feed Body and Soul.

    Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw shucks, thanks for the nomination!
    *I'm with you on the cats --never live without!

    I'm off to check out these other blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the award. I'm truly honored.
    carolyn - homework

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you lovely, too kind! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for thinking of my over at Creative Passage...that's very kind of you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, doll! The 7 things will be a little different though, since there's more than one writer at HSL. We appreciate it :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...