Monday 17 October 2011

Thrifted!

Blogland has yielded so many doily crafts that I have felt inspired!
So when I was in the village charity shop the other day and happened to spy a box of them, I snapped up a whole handful, along with a bundle of scrap fabric:


These cost around £0.15-£0.30 each, depending on the size (though some came in bundles, e.g. 3 for 50p).
The fabric was 60p; when I got home I found it comprised of one slightly larger piece (big enough for a shopping bag, perhaps) and several smaller, narrow pieces. This whole collection cost me around £2.70, a bargain if there ever was one!

I've already a few ideas for what I can make with these - and my Nanny has since given me a whole bag more that belonged to my Grandmother!

Now I am trawling around blogland looking for more ideas...so what's your favourite doily craft?

4 comments:

  1. noooooooooooooooooooo! I am so jealous....totally, 100%. I've pinned loads of doily bits recently :)

    Doily bowl : http://pinterest.com/pin/289021050/ (use PVA instead of stiffner though, it's cheaper)

    Doily jar lamp things: http://pinterest.com/pin/77399089/

    Doily bag by Alexander McQueen: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270809256276

    I LOVE THIS! One day I'll make a knock off :)

    Finally, doily lamp: http://pinterest.com/pin/95650815/
    My sister tried this though and the doilys kept sliding off the balloon lol! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Score! Lucky you, especially to have your Grandmother's doilies.

    Maybe you can frame one or a few of your Grandmother's to keep them in their original condition. I have always wanted to make a cushion cover using doilies, displayed in a very organic way.

    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I think one of your collars with a doily would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I have been collecting doilys for months now! I am going to make a table runner. I have seen some really cute ones out there! Can't wait to see what you come up with:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just sewed one to the front of a bag...kind of like the one you showed in the previous post! I love doilies, too! ♥

    ReplyDelete

Reading all your sweet comments makes me happy! :) I appreciate each and every one and try to reply to all that I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...